It would be great to be able to inactivate links

What are you trying to do? (Detailed description)
Sometimes presenters only allow us to keep their presentations available on-demand for a certain period of time. It would be great if we had the ability to inactivate a link after a certain period so that users can’t access it past a certain date.

What is the challenge you’re experiencing?
We are forced to keep an event active even if we don’t want users to view it after X date. For example, if we send an on-demand link to an attendee and tell them to view by Dec. 31, as long as they have that link, nothing is systemically stopping them from still viewing the program on Jan. 1 since the link is still live. This may go against a presenter’s wishes.

Do you have a workaround that you use right now?
Sort of. Deleting an event COULD be an option, but is not always possible (i.e. if the event has attendees associated with it, etc…which they almost always do). We could also wipe the media and tools from the event, but a simpler/less manual solution would be nice.

Hi Christine!

One additional workaround you might want to consider is using the password functionality. Once you enable it, only those with the password are able to access the event console. I have many customers who do this to prevent attendees from viewing stale content but want to preserve the event in their workspace.

1 Like

Thanks, Kate! That is a clever workaround. Appreciate your sharing! :slight_smile:

Actually there is a far simpler way. For each webinar you run you can go back to “Archive” in the ON24 backend. Last menu item on the left and under Console builder. There you can click on the drop down menu at the top and choose when you want the on demand to be inactive.

Thank you! That is definitely simple, though I just tried it out and got a notice that archives that are inactive for more than 45 days will be deleted. This auto-delete function is an issue because most of the time, we don’t want them ultimately deleted in case we need to come back to them later. But this may be a solution for some programs that we don’t need to keep in the library!

This is true about them being deleted after 45 days. I will run a test based on a theory that if I change the status from inactive after 44 days to say 1 month and leave it like that for 30 minutes I should be able to reset the 45 day clock. The chances that someone would access the session in that short window are extremely small.

1 Like

I’d also love to be able to break the link, but keep the recording and the associated reports for an extended period of time. Attendance reporting is retained for 2 years in Analytics, but not all the engagement details. We aren’t yet using integration for detailed automated reports.